Once you click on Sell, you will be guided through the listing process.
The following are a few additional steps you’ll want to cover before you list an item:
- Take detailed photos. A good basic listing includes front, back, any specific details to note, size tag, and any flaws (wash wear, fading, stains). You can also include props or backgrounds that set your shop apart. **Be sure to include any flaws in your photos so the buyer knows exactly what they are purchasing beforehand. We recommend taking multiple photos, editing as desired, then uploading the photos for each listing all at once.
- Weigh the item: Sellers are responsible for covering the cost of the shipping and therefore will need to include this amount in the total list price of the item. When listing an item, suggested shipping costs are provided based on the weight of the item.
- Look over your items very carefully and disclose any unique qualities, flaws, or anything not otherwise obvious in your item’s description as well as in your photos. Include why you are listing your item in the condition you selected. You can’t be too cautious in your disclosures. Flaws include pilling or color fade of the fabric, writing on tags, holes, and stains.
- Judge the item’s condition thoughtfully and follow the following condition descriptions:
- New with Tags (NWT) - tags from the original retailer are attached, item has never been used/worn and is free of defects.
- New without Tags (NWOT) - tags from the original retailer have been removed, but the item has never been used/worn/altered or washed and is free of defects. Includes handmade items.
- Excellent Used Condition (EUC) - item may have been lightly used/worn and must not have any signs of wear or defects which includes pilling, writing on labels (i.e. “This belongs to,” etc.), other defects. Like-new.
- Very Good Used Condition - item has been used/worn and has the following defects which must be disclosed in the item description: LIGHT wash wear (color fading and/or pilling) in clothing/textiles, minor scuffs from light wear on soles of shoes. Writing of any kind on both clothing/textiles and shoes.
- Good Used Condition (GUC) - item has been used/worn and has the following defects which must be disclosed in the item description: MODERATE wash wear (color fading and/or pilling), minor stains (not visible to the naked eye), missing closures (buttons, snaps, etc.) that are not essential to functionality, scuffs throughout and visible heel wear on soles of shoes. Writing of any kind on both clothing/textiles and shoes.
If you want all the tips and tricks on how to become a successful seller, we have you covered with our Seller Handbook.