To the Kidizen Community,
We are currently making a number of security updates and would like to provide you with additional information on why these updates are necessary and how they will impact you.
Yesterday we detected that our servers were getting hit with a large volume of login attempts. The most likely scenario is that someone acquired a list of email/password combinations from an outside source and was trying to gain access to Kidizen accounts which used these same email/password combinations. These attempts were largely unsuccessful. As an extra precaution, we suggest that you review your account for any unusual behavior and notify us immediately if you come across anything suspicious.
We’ve taken the following precautions to ensure the security of all accounts on Kidizen:
1. We have disabled all existing passwords and are requiring users to reset their passwords. If you haven’t already, please log out and tap the ‘lost password’ link. You will receive an email that will prompt you to reset your password. In the meantime, you may find that you don’t have access to your Kid Bucks and other account information.
2. We have temporarily disabled the ability to change your bank and PayPal information when cashing out. Once it’s re-enabled (likely in the next day or two), you will receive an email verification to confirm a change to your cashout information.
We would also like to stress the importance of taking the following steps to protect your accounts, both on Kidizen and elsewhere:
1. Make sure you use a different password for each account you have on various sites and platforms.
2. Change your password periodically.
3. Make sure that the email associated with your account(s) is correct and one that you check so that you can receive notices and verification information.
Thank you for your patience and for working with us to ensure the safety of our community.